Fw: Monahans for trade....taking offers.

  From:  Michael Cottingham
             mikewren@gilanet.com

----------
> From: mikewren < mikewren@gilanet.com>
> To: meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com
> Subject: Monahans for trade....taking offers.
> Date: Saturday, August 22, 1998 9:54 AM
>
>   From:  Michael Cottingham
>              mikewren@gilanet.com
>

> Plain and simple.........I have a
> 1.1 gram piece of Monahans to trade.
> Fusion crust & two halite crystals.
>
> Trade only!
>
> I would prefer nice common specimens or
> something unique....look through your
> meteorites and let me know.
>
> This trade offer ends midnight Aug. 26th.
> This should give everyone enough time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael Cottingham

UPDATE & THANKS!

I just wanted to take a moment & say thanks to
all the folks who have made such interesting
offers.  It would be cool if I could share them
with the list, but these messages are private
emails, and it would not be proper.....Right Ken.

Anyways,  In the above Monahans trade message
there is no mention of  price per gram....
I leave that to the person who wants to trade.

For those of you who have clung to the $750.00
per gram price.....well let me say, does a 300 gram
piece of common Dimmit equal that? Or a 100
gram piece of Davy A or a 250 gram rusty Gibeon,
or....etc.

Is the trade being conducted for rare or common material?
Is the trade for retail or wholesale?
Is this trade bringing up implications that will change the
face of meteorites forever?

Give me a break....

This is a trade....that eventually takes place between
two people.....because each one wants what the other
one has....plain and simple.

Also,  it is a chance for a collector to trade their unwanted
specimens....for something they might want.  Imagine,
a collector might just have 600-750.00 worth(?) of
specimens that they just don't want anymore......in fact,
they might be sick of them,.....and maybe they have
decided that unloading all these unwanted specimens
for a piece of Monahans is a great idea!

The nature of trading is just full of possibilities.....

Also, when two people have an email converstion going
it is generally considered to be private.(Right..Ken).

Anyways, My best offer to date is from my wife.
She has offered me a delicious piece of homemade
pizza....but only if I stop playing with the children
for awhile, and turn off the computer.

Michael Cottingham