Fw: Was the cow falsely blamed

-----Original Message-----
From: GREG
To: apav8r@netunlimited.net
Date: Monday, August 24, 1998 11:40 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Was the cow falsely blamed

>From Brian's email:
Pwdre Ser. Debris of this type has been long associated with
meteor showers

duh- what's "Pwdre Ser. Debris"?

thanks-
greg

"pwdre ser" is the Welsh name for "rot of the stars." In
folklore, a jelly-like mass was found after the fall of a
meteorite. I have reason to believe this stuff was actually
found after meteor showers, for instance, after the 1833
Leonids. It was generally believed to be a "slime mold" by
contemporary science of that time, if not in our  time, too.
William Corliss wrote extensively about these type of
phenomena. I have references.

Other substances of this type were also found, but analyses
proved of little use; many of these substances sublimated. I
think it is possible there are more types of meteoritic
debris than contemporary science is aware of.

Brian