Negative aspects of ADVERTISING!

To those who are offering up specimens even before the Tucson show is done and
those buying up specimens,

My opinion on the matter is that if this becomes a tradition then I too will
have to sell from the show, as will other dealers in order to keep getting beat
out on sales. The only other possibility is to end up holding on to stock that
I can't sell.

This has a two fold effect. First I might make deals that might make certain
specimens cheaper than what is even being offered at the show. Then Dealers may
hang on to stock or sell via computer making less items available to others
wanting to sell on their lists.

Those buying before they see what is available from the other dealers and at
that price may find themselves having spent much more on specimens. We can get
into a cut throat game of selling where those buying will certainly win, but in
the end only those who have the means to weather out the storm of prices will
be left.

I got started into this business because I wanted to see fair prices on the
market and offer competition to the high end dealers. There is a lot more to
selling than meets the eye. On the other end of the spectrum when it no longer
becomes profitable (pay for your expenses and make a little money) then only
the high end dealers are left and you will have to pay the price.

I welcome constructive opinions back.

--AL Mitterling