Compromise

Since the charter of this list appears to be unclear as to the extent of information desired and allowable with regard to particular meteorite finds, etc.,  I propose that anyone  wishing to advertise be required to fill in the Subject field of the message with 'Ad', nothing more.   This clearly indicates to those on both sides of the issue what it is and we can deal with it accordingly.  In this way, we can get the newspaper without all that frivolity, unless of course we're interested in  the sale of the week sort of thing.  The list should permit, however, responsible reporting on possible fraud; e.g., Maison De L'Astronomie, P.L.,Inc. last week had as it's subject "Warnings on false Canadian meteorites".   This should be welcomed.  I think all due respect should be paid to Matt Morgan and Al Mitterling and others who have not abused this list.  The exclusionary rule still remains the best solution in my view.  Regards, JJ