February Meteor???

  Hi list, it's been a while.

  Yesterday on the local news it was reported that residents of Grant co.
Arkansas heard a "loud booming noise" followed by slight earth tremors.  The
local Air Force base said that none of their planes were capable of produced a
sonic boom, which OES officials point to as the most likely cause, since no
evidence of an explosion was found.  No seismic activity was reported.
   I was wondering if NORAD or Space Command picked up anything between
02-02-98 and 02-03-98.  The story was not specific, although I beleive it was
the latter date.
   Since not many civilians own jet-planes, I suspect that the sound (which
could have been a sonic boom ) was caused by a meteor.  No one reported seeing
a smoke trail, but then, why would they look??

Thanks,
Ryan "EpsonBoy" Culpepper

P.S.  What I thought was meteorite turned out to be magnetite which had been
tumbled, likely in a river ( and from Wheatfield, Wyoming, to boot.)  Thanks
anyway for your support; I can assure you I will not stop searching.