MERLIN (re-stated)

Since MERLIN seems to have uncovered the fact that matter being
sucked into a black hole can release very hot gases at speeds greater
than  0.9c, my question is, given the close proximity of these
heretofore trapped gases to the black hole(GRS1915), at what speed might
they have initially been 'set free'?  The massive gravitational pull
exerted by the black hole must have greatly reduced their escape.
(Posted this question on Friday, 1/30/98, to meteorite list with one
response.  Not everyone can be in Tuscon.)
     The areas  that this question touches are multifold, as I see
them:  i.e.,   1.What effects could such continual (given the amount of
matter and hungry black holes out there) release of gases at such high
velocity and temperature have (or had) on solar system dynamics,
formation, evolution, etc.?
2.(Getting more abstruse) At some point, gravity becomes the 'force of
invisibility', if you will; that is, altering the wave/particle
composition of the photon producing the illusive anti-photon, a quantum
issue.  Of course, this brings up many other issue relating to unified
field theory, relativity,ect. which bind the astrophysical and quantum
fields.
3.Is it possible that if we can exam in some way, the gases MERLIN
captured on film just prior to their 're-entry' or entry into the
visible spectrum,  we could determine other illusive factors, i.e.,
could their velosity have exceeded the speed of light, therefore could
we have, via MERLIN, an actual 'photograph' of 'time travellers ' at the
point of re-entry into the visible spectrum?
      Can anyone advise as to what what be the best forum for
discussions such as this aside from this list?

Regards,   JJ Swaim