Re: Asteroid 2421 Nininger Occultation

>Asteroid 2421 Nininger is expected to occult a 6.9 magnitude star on
>Jan 17, 1998.  History buffs will recognize the name of this asteroid as
>belonging to Harvey Nininger, a well-known meteorite collector and someone
>who spent most of his life promoting meteorites to the general public.
>
>Ron Baalke

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the notice of the Asteroid Nininger occultation.  I have some
friends who might be interested in observing this occultation but there was
no information about the occultation track.  Do you have any information
about the occultation track or even if it will be visible from my part of
the world?  I'll be observing from near Oakland, CA?

Mike Martinez