Re: apologies

In a message dated 02/07/98 05:34:55 BST, you write:

<< List members, I apologize for my rash reply to the inflamatory post by
 our dearest friend and competitor, The Colonel. I was really put off by
 his accusations and remarks which are unwarranted and unfounded like all
 of his crap. >>

It's understandable why you were so P'd off Mike.....it's not for any of us to
tell you what you should have paid or what price you should be charging. I'd
feel the same way if someone told me how to run my business.
The problem is, if the price per gram is finally decided at multiple 10's of
dollars/g, then there's going to be plenty of us that aren't prepared or
simply can't afford that price for a representative slice or
fragment....that's when we vent our frustration, as we have to cross off yet
another specimen from our wish list. There's probably no malice intended
....just pure frustration!

Last night, I had a long chat with one of the 3 dealers who were at the
scene.....he said that there was one local resident who had a complete
specimen (5Kg?...or was it 0.5Kg?) and who refused to show it to anyone who
called. This lady had even refused an offer of $500 just to VIEW it!
The residents have obviously been hyped-up over the whole thing, so it doesn't
look too good for us collectors at the moment!

Cheers!
Rob.
http://members.aol.com/FERNLEA4/index.html

TO UN-SUBSCRIBE: