Widmanstatten pattern question

Hello all,

I recently etched several iron meteorites including a peculiar twisted hunk of
metal I suspected to be a meteorite. After etching this last piece a pattern that
could be the Widmanstatten Pattern was visible but it looked different from
Canyon Diablo and Odessa. Therefore I'm not sure if what I have is an artifact or
a real iron meteorite. Since I'm not an expert on Widmanstatten patterns I
wonder if someone on this list might be able to tell me whether etching an iron
(manmade) artifact produces any pattern at all. If not then perhaps I do have a
meteorite. In the meantime I'm going to polish another surface, etch it and see
what comes up.
Thanks for any help you might be able to offer!

Bob King

TO UN-SUBSCRIBE: