Re: An amateur fireball detection/tracking system

Hello William, Rob and list,

Just a quick couple of comments and then I'll get off my soap box.

This dialog is representative of the kind of cooperation amongst members of this list that is unparalleled, sadly, in many of the other parts of science, for whatever reasons.  Cooperation is power.  That coupled with the generosity recently demonstrated by members as well as in the past (donations to institutions as well as individuals) is a combination of characteristics unheard of in most fields.  This group is truly a unique entity and has enormous  potential .   We must  ensure that the public and media get this accurate view of who we are.  Scientific endeavors of any kind in the field of meteoritic science would be hopelessly stagnated without the scientific collectors in the field, if not, indeed, come to a screeching halt.

Best wishes,
Julia