re: NININGER MONUMENT

"go to Meteor Crater and casually suggest that Nininger's museum ruins
should be made a national monument--see the reaction!"

Dear Gene,

I like that idea! I was at the ruin earlier this year, trying to take some
pictures. There are "No Trespassing" signs everywhere (at Meteor Crater?
Surely not!)), so you can't even get up to have a close look at the old
museum. Funny, sounds just like the situation at the crater.

I expect the owners (is it Meteor Crater Enterprises, or something like
that?) would come up with some "good reason" why a monument couldn't go
there, but it is a great idea. What would make it even better would be a
statue of Nininger next to the ruin, looking over at the crater, and the
statue could be cast out of Canyon Diablo iron!

Should we take up a collection?  : )

Geoff