Re: "investments"

Dear listees,
         I have been contacted by Steve Arnold regarding my
recent posting about the Monahans auction & the Portalis inflation of
field prices. Since he has no access to the list he was unable to
respond publicly to my original comments, I agreed I would pass on
rebutals he felt were in order. This seemed completely reasonable to me.
(again, people who don't want to hear this are welcome to hit "delete")
	 He stated he was missquoted by the Portalis newspaper, that the hold
out for more $ and the demand by Mrs.Wallace that Farmer & Haag get off
her porch preceded his being misquoted in the paper.
	I had stated he  "envisions" speculation investors entering the
meteorite market. etc . He states that he meant he merely considered
that one of many possibilities and does not hold it in any way as a
"goal" or as even desirable.
	He also agreed (in so many words) to inform the media of the extreme
range of value various meteorites have & do what he can to be sure the
word gets out that not all meteorites are worth close to their weight in
gold - that the vast majority are NOT & only a very few are worth that
or even more.
	He has also convinced me that PERHAPS I have been taking an
unrealistically aprehensive view of the Monahans & Portalis events. I
hope he is right.
         Best wishes, Michael