Re: Armageddon versus scientific accuracy

At 08:09 PM 7/8/98 GMT, Phil wrote:

>As for young kids....I recently read that 2/3rd of the American public do not
>realize that the Earth orbits the Sun, so one more dodgy movie isn't going to
>make a helluvalot of difference.

   2/3rd's??? If true that is REALLY shocking to me. I think I learned that
in 2nd or 3rd grade (i'm 40).

  Regarding the 2 recent doomsday movies, they weren't documentaries people.
I did not see "Deep Impact" but want to see "Armageddon"....purely for it's
entertainment value. Looks like a fun few hours!

Regards,
Tom Randall