[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ASTRO] FWD from David G. Iadevaia concerning attached virus: "weird message"
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [ASTRO] FWD from David G. Iadevaia concerning attached virus: "weird message"
- From: Joachim.Hirschmann@t-online.de (Joachim.Hirschmann)
- Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 23:07:29 +0200
- Old-X-Envelope-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: P&J Datenmanagement
- References: <email@example.com> <35A6A11C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: Hirschmann@Hirschmann.net
- Resent-Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 19:21:35 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"0MTWK.A.PUH.sM_p1"@mu.pair.com>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
through this is not a specific problem about meteorites, I would like to agree
to what Brian said. I found macro viruses even of CDīs attached to newspapers.
So, if you subscribe several lists, itīs a matter of time catching such a
Brian Nestel schrieb:
> Paul M. Rybski wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I received a message yesterday from the Embassy of the Republic of
> > Uzbekistan with an attachment label FARGANY.DOC. When I attempted to
> > open it my virus program detected a virus. The sender was by the name of
> > Irhanov and the cc list contained several others who have a connect with
> > the history of astronomy or astronomy. Has anyone else received this
> > message?
> The above is a good reason not to let your mail program or browser
> automatically open an attachment, I've snared three macro viruses
> by opening attachments offline, I also just discard any email that
> is not plain text unless I know the sender.
> Aloha 159 36 W, 21 58 45 N
> Brian Middle of the Pacific,
> | NESCOMP | K.E.A.S.A. |
> | Computer Services |Kauai Educational Association|
> | Box 73, Lawai, HI 96765 | for Science and Astronomy |
> | Voice/Fax 808-332-7709 | Box 161, Waimea, HI 96796 |
> | email@example.com | |
> "Food for thought"
> I have not been able to find a recorded instance of a
> humanist or scientist ever *torturing or killing a
> person for his beliefs. - B. L. Nestel
> *(excluding academically)
List Archives are located at http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html
For other help, FAQ's and subscription info and other resources,