Re: Macromounts?

At 02:03 AM 7/12/98 EDT, you wrote:
>A number of meteorite collectors (myself included) use trusty Riker mounts
>for specimens.  The smaller boxes (about 2" x 3") are good for smaller
>specimens,
>but they are made in 4x5, 5x6, 6.5 x 8.5, 8x12, and on up.  I've found pretty
>competitive prices at University Products - (800) 628-1912    (but if anyone
>knows a source that has them cheaper...!!?)
>Gregory

  I like the Macromount size with the clear friction fit tops, I imagine
they keep moisture away from the piece better than a Riker. Then again I
haven't seen a Riker in person yet so maybe I'm wrong. I know he's looking
for something for his 2+" and over pieces. When I get bigger pieces I'll put
them in a "Dry box" display case or keep them in tupperware type containers
with desiccant.

Regards,
Tom Randall