Re: Removing Rust

Hi all,

I've just read Ron and Dan's postings regarding removing rust from irons and
thought I'd ask if anyone has any suggestions on improving the appearance of
weathered fusion crust for stones.

Some of my stones have patchy, black fusion crust, but most of it has been
weathered to a rusty brown colour. I can still see flowlines, so I'm assuming
that the fusion crust is still intact, but does the rust completely stain
through the whole thickness of the f/c or does it just sit on top of it?

There were some postings a few months about removing rust from Sikhote Alins
without damaging the underlying fusion crust - I think this was "sand
blasting" but using talc as the abrasive......would this work with stones?

Rob.