Re: Gold foil from Apollo 11 on ebay

Dan Fronefield wrote:
I saw this on ebay "Flown To The Moon On Apollo 11!"
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=20623078

Dan,
 The Apollo command module was covered with a silver colored mylar type
material not gold foil. I think it's probably vacuum deposited aluminum
on one side and a yellow/gold color glue on the other, the gold color
may be caused by the glue or there may be layers showing from the other
side. I would be very wary of this offer.
 Ron might have better info on this.

Doug