Monahans auction questions

Hello fellow list members, Today I pose an interesting question, one
that should be raised and is perhaps being asked in other meteorite
collector's/dealer's homes as I type this.  Today, I received a postcard

announcing the upcoming Monahans meteorite auction on July 24th.
The postcard reads as follows with nothing added or omitted:

A unique auction event.....
    We invite you to participate in a unique event: the auction of the
Monahans, Texas meteorite which was retrieved by seven young men
immediately after impact on the evening of March 22 of this year. This
extraordinary specimen will be presented exclusively by
NaturalHistoryAuction.com at 6 p.m. EST on Friday July 24, 1998 and will

close at 12 midnight July 26, 1998. Bids will be accepted by email, fax,

and telephone.
                                            Please register before
bidding:
NaturalHistory Auction.com
Post office Drawer J, Ithaca New York 14851 USA
Email: Monahans@naturalhistoryauction.com
Phone: 1-607-257-5349 Fax 1-607-266-7904

This is the information on the postcard word for word.
I pose these questions to the list and people involved:
1. Who is auctioning off this meteorite? It is quite clear that this
auction is now being run by Michael Casper instead of Steve Arnold.
2. Why? How can the current high bidder also run the auction?

3. How can we, the interested buyers, email or phone our bids in to the
auctioneer if he is also one of the buyers?

    It is not too dificult to see  that the contact information on this
card all went to none other than Michael Casper. I just want to know
what the true story is with this auction. WE ALL WANT TO KNOW!!! Has the
outcome has already been decided on this one.
I have conformed to the list protocol in every way. I have made no
personal attacks and I use my real name to pose the questions here,
unlike the cowardly Colonel Whithead, who is afraid to contact me about
his accusation of conspiracy over the Portales fall. There is no
conspiracy there at all , just business, but here, with Monahans, it
seems that nothing is at it should be and we all should question ALL of
those involved as to their intentions. The card clearly states that the
Monahans meteorite is and I quote " This extraordinary specimen will be
presented exclusively by NaturalHistoryAuction.com.." If Steve Arnold is

the meteorite broker who is auctioning this meteorite for the children
who own it, how can the high bidder be the one who EXCLUSIVELY offers it

? Has it already been sold and is now being auctioned again?  If Michael

Casper does not own it already and will simply be running the auction,
How can it be a fair auction for anyone? Michael has already made his
intent quite clear many times that he is prepared to offer BIG money for

this meteorite. If he is now running the auction, it seems that the
bidders must submit their bids to the high bidder for approval? Any
logic here? I am truly confused on this one and invite everyone in the
meteorite world to voice their concerns as well because this truly
affects us ALL. Please reply directly to the list and not me, we all
need to hear each other's thoughts on the very important issue at hand.
Mike Farmer
http://www.concentric.net/~farmerm