Purple - faded blue?

Hello List,

  Just a note on color - wave lengths.   It has been my experience that
the high frequency waves of on the blue end of the spectrum are more
difficult to maintain than the lower red.  Thus, when blue begins to
'fade', that is deteriorate, it begins to show as purple, letting more
red through.  I apologize to the owners and auctioneers of the Monahans
meteorite as I do not have access to a current picture displaying these
newly discovered purple crystals.   I merely state that Everett Gibson
may have been very correct in his concern about the integrity of the
crystals.  Exposure to light, inside or outside of a clear housing could
be responsible.

Best regards to all,
Julia