Astronomy Archive in August 1998

Dear fellow amateur astronomer,

the astronomy archive is growing and growing... to date, the database occupies 360MB containing over 3.3 million keywords in over 25'000 mailing list articles.

This is now definitely the biggest MS Access database I have ever seen, and it sure behaves like it. In case anyone has suggestions regarding a different DBMS to be used please let me know at the address below. I'm also pretty low on spare time; if anyone wishes to participate in this project please contact me.

Just for the record: The URL is http://www.astroarchive.com

Should you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me through bi@inside.net. Thanks!

- Balthasar IndermuehleLists: