Re: Martian Contamination

>Fascinating guys.
>
>I heard the story as a one liner but never saw specifics before.
>Someday when I get ambitious I need to find more of the details.

The info came from a 1972 NASA document that I have in my library,
titled "Analysis of Surveyor 3 Material and Photographs Returned By
Apollo 12".  I think it is out-of-print, but some libraries probably
carry it.  The chapter you want to look at is Chapter 11:
"Microprobe Survival Analysis".

Ron Baalke