Re: Lunar Meteorite For Sale NOW

>I have just been informed that meteorite dealer Blaine Reed has small pieces
>of the Dar al Gani 262 Lunar Meteorite for sale and ready to be shipped today!

Thanks for the heads up, Steve.

>This is the first time ever that Moon Rock has been for sale at very, very,
>very reasonable prices!  (like 97% cheaper than other lunar material for sale)
>Prices range from $175 for small crumbs up to $15,000 for larger fragments.

I've just talked to Blaine, and here is a sampling of what he is offering:

.005g  $175
.008g  $260
.013g  $400
.132g  $3300
.326g  $8000
.628g  $15000

This translates to about $30,000/gram to $35,000/gram for the smaller
pieces, and about $23,000/gram to $25,000/gram for the larger pieces.
He had 2.2 grams originally, but is already sold about half of that already.

>There is a very limited supply and Blaine expects to sell out in only a couple
>days.  If you would be interested in more information you can call Blaine at
>(970) 259-5326.

I suspect he'll sell out sooner than that.

>Blaine does not have an internet website, so I asked him if he wanted me to
>post this to this list, he reluctantly said "yes."  He said he has never gone
>this route before, but thought this would be a good time to test this medium
>for disseminating information.  If you do contact him, be sure to let him know
>you read about it here.

Yes, he's one of the few of the major meteorite dealers that has not
gone on the Internet yet.
I should add I've been buying meteorites from Blaine for a number of years
now, and he's the most honest and respected meteorite dealer that I know of.
He has very good prices, too.

>My piece, I was told a few minutes ago, is on the way!  I am so excited!  I
>can't wait to hold that puppy up against the Moon outside and say "I am
>holding a piece of THAT!!!!!!!!!!"  You know, even the Astronauts who walked
>on the Moon, don't even own a piece of it!

I'm excited, too.  The lunar meteorite will go nicely with my 6 different
SNCs.

Ron Baalke