Re: Monahans on CNN!

In a message dated 6/9/98 12:55:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
farmerm@concentric.net writes:

<< I just saw on CNN a clip about the battle for the Monahans meteorite!
 Pretty cool seeing something so small that I held announced to the whole
 world on CNN! It made my day. It announced the town meeting tomorrow
 about the meteorite. Anyone there who can tell us the gist of the
 meeting? >>

Hi Mike and list,

I will be flying into Monahans today (Tuesday, June 9th) to assist the parents
in filing the law suit against the city (unless they decide to settle the case
out of court).  The City Council has yet to make a formal statement as to
whether they want to give the rock to the boys who found it, without a fight,
or to force the boys into filing the law suit.  Tomorrow we expect them to
take a vote on the matter, and we will go from there.

We are planning for the worst, but hoping for the best.  I will attempt to get
to a computer and report the scoop to the list before CNN has a chance (unless
they will have live cameras there -- better check C-SPAN and Court TV too!)

 :-)

I have built up a good relationship with the editor of the local newspaper,
and his office is across the street from the City Hall, so as soon as I get
done with the TV interviews after the meeting, I will attempt to get the word
out.

Stay tuned...

Steve Arnold
www.meteoritebroker.com