Re: Monahans,

dweir@bellsouth.net writes:

<< List members,
 I just heard on the ABC evening news that the Monahans City Council has
 decided to let the kids keep the meteorite. Congratulations Steve! How
 much for a gram??
 David

Thank you David,

Most likely I will not be selling the meteorite in small quantities.  Right
now I (and the boys parents) will be entertaining offers from interested
parties for 100% of it, 50% of it and 25% of it.  After I get through my next
60 emails, I will be contacting curators of institutions that may have a
scientific interest in part of it, to see what interest thay have and if they
have cash or possible trade materials for some of it.

With that information, we will begin serious negotiations with all interested
parties.  There is a good chance that a commercial dealer will purchase some
or all of it.  And if that is the case, most of it will probably be traded to
institutions and a small amount will be left for the collector market.

As of now, Michael Casper has the highest bid in, and he is probably as good
as any, at spreading material around to both the scientific and collector
markets.  So for those of you who maybe only want a few grams, stay tuned.
For those interested in at least 300g, please contact me immediately.

Thanks,
Steve Arnold
www.meteoritebroker.com