Large fireball & flying doors over Southern England

Hi all,

Radio and TV news in the UK has been full of reports of a large midnight
fireball over Southern England today. I've spoken to a couple of witnesses
this afternoon and it seems that this one was pretty big with a high
possibility of having dropped something.
One report says that it was "extremely bright, bluish...and as big as a door"
!!!!
Others describe it as "blinding white and filling the sky".
The fireball was visible for several seconds, and sparked off the usual UFO
alerts, but those that I have spoken to so far, have given differing compass
bearings for the sighting.
We're a pretty small target here, so in all likelyhood, this one lies at the
bottom of the ocean now, but I'll try to find out some more details.

The skies were very clear last night, and I spent about 45 mins gazing
skywards at about 12.30am. If only I'd started a little sooner....!*@£$#*!

Regards,
Rob Elliott.
http://members.aol.com/FERNLEA4/index.html