Re: MONAHANS, TEXAS METEORITE PURCHASE

In a message dated 6/15/98 12:33:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
BAALKE@kelvin.jpl.nasa.gov writes:

<<   I personally
 think that $50+/gram is way overpriced for Monahans,  >>

Hello Ron and List,

Coming from a man who has purchased many many fresh falls of less than 2,500g
in total known weight for under $1/g, I fully appreciate your personal
opinion.

By the way Ron, you still haven't given me that list of all those meteorites
that you know about or that you personally have purchased in that fall in the
above category.  Were you looking at of one of Nininger's 1933 price lists?

Anyway, I am sure many people on the list would like this information as soon
as you can make it available for us.

Thanks a bunch!

(You know, if you will just admit that you were wrong and that it has been 3
or 4 decades (at least) since a fresh fall of less than 2,500 total known
weight has been for sale for $1/g, I would stop hassling you about this?)

Steve