No Subject

We've have had a few recorded falls in the UK over time, but for those of=
 you=0Athat go searching for meteorites on field trips, my question to yo=
u is=0Athis.........if you find a meteorite from no known strewnfield, do=
 you just=0Ahappily add it to your collection or do you always investigat=
e further by=0Aarranging full analysis? If this stone was bigger, then I'=
d send a sample to=0Athe right people for testing now, but at the moment,=
 I'm playing safe and=0Aasking for advice first. Incidentally, how much i=
s actually needed by the test=0Alab's for a complete analysis?

At best, this little 28g stone is another "newbie".......at worst, I've b=
een=0Aconned and have just another stone meteorite, albeit from a UK fall=
, to add to=0Amy collection. I've seen enough to be as sure as I can be t=
hat this IS a true=0Ameteorite and the relatively small price that I paid=
 for it, doesn't really=0Awarrant anyone going to much trouble by trying =
to sell me a "ringer".
This piece is also starting to dry out....should I try to keep it in it's=
 damp=0Astate?

If anyone has any comments, all thoughts and assistance gratefully receiv=
ed!

Regards,
Rob.
http://members.aol.com/FERNLEA4/index.html=0A