E Chondrites and Mercury

Hello Everyone,

Okay, I give up.  I have been searching for a while now trying to find
scientific papers by scientific minds that provide scientific evidence for the
planet Mercury as the source of  E chondrites.  One occasionally sees a
reference to Mercury being the "parent body" of the Es but I can't find
anything from a reputable scientist.

I am familiar with the oxygen-depletion formation hypothesis but, is that it?
I mean, is there anything based upon empirical evidence or at least additional
postulates which would support the Mercury origin theory?

-Walter