Re: Final words on Peekskill meteorite car

Michael Blood writes:
>Dear Daniel Garson,
>	I was gone for 10 days, so missed what must have been the beginning of
>this "dialog" or diatribe, or whatever. However, "...a clear case of
>theft." is clear only in the mind of Ron Baalke.

My point was the since the car pieces were taken without the owner's
permission, they are still the personal property of Michelle Knapp.

>If the pieces were left in the street, there could be a case for "public
>domain," ETC, ETC, ETC.

That is a good point. Let me provide this example.  If your park your car
in the street, does your car become "public domain", and anyone can now claim
your car?  If the car parked on the street was taken without the owner's
permission, would this not be called car theft?  If your kids
are playing with their toys in the front yard, and leave a few of
them on the sidewalk, do the toys become "public domain", and anyone
who is walking by can pick them up and claim them as their own?

Ron Baalke