Re: PALCA DE APARZO??

Matt Morgan schrieb:

> Hello list:
> I was wondering if anyone (Bernd!) has more info on the PALCA DE
> APARZO meteorite from Argentina? Who owns the main mass? Thanks
> in advance...

Hello Matt, hello List!

Palca de Aparzo (L5)
Jujuy Province, Argentina
23° 07' S / 065° 06' W
Fell 1988, September 14, 06:50 hrs
282 and 104g and several smaller ones

After the appearance of a luminous meteor followed by detonations, a
shower of many stones fell. A total 1430 g was recovered, consisting of
two large stones (282 and 104g) and several smaller ones. Classification
and analysis: olivine Fa25, pyroxene Fs21; Brian Mason, Museum of
Natural History, Smithonian Institution, Washington, D.C. 20560, USA.
Main mass and type specimen: Asociación Hatum Pampa, Pizarro 5672, 1440
Buenos Aires, Argentina. Information, Oscar A.Turone, Pizarro 5672, 1440
Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Best wishes, Bernd

TO UN-SUBSCRIBE: