Re: Portalis - fall out from Monahans

To Michael and list:

I agree with you that the final retail price of this meteorite will be
too high.  However, the degree to which it is overpriced is relative.
Your estimate of $40 per gram is perhaps twice what a mesosiderite
should command.(if it is indeed a mesosiderite).

Now lets take a look at Monahans.  At the present bid of $17 per gram,
this meteorite is perhaps 8 to 10 times overpriced. (I will not be
buying any small pieces at this price)

Before Blaine Reed brought DAG 262 to the market(I did buy some), the
advertised priced for Calcalong Creek was well over 10 times the price
per gram that Blaine was asking.

So what is the solution?   ---  Supply and Demand!!!

I think that Portalis will sell easier than Monahans.

If I wasn't on vacation when this was found, I may have made the trip
myself.