Re: Bolide size vs. Recovered Stone(s)

Al>>Here are some Sky & Telescope reports. As you can see, they consistently
use the term fireball:...<<

I've been reading the WGN Journals of the International Meteor
Organization(IMO) for several years and it seems that of all the mentions of
fireballs in them(which is very frequent), I think I can only recall one time
that someone used the word bolide? I think when you use the word bolide, most
meteor observers simply interpret it as meaning fireball. All other
characteristics associated with it are simply those that belongs to a
fireball....not a bolide.
George Zay