THE METEORITE CHANNEL, P.S.

I just found this on The Learning Channel's website, in case anyone wants
more info on the show which I discussed in my last post. Their website can
probably be searched to find additional broadcast times.

--------------------------------------
Science Frontiers
Impact!
--------------------------------------

IMPACT! concentrates on the dangers of comets, asteroids and meteorites
zapping us. While we learn the difference between them, we follow the
exotic guys who chase them. We meet Alan Hale, discoverer of comet
Hale-Bopp. Gene Shoemaker, co-discoverer of comet Shoemaker-Levy, reveals
Upheaval Dome, an earth-shattering impact crater he discovered. Levy and
assorted professional asteroid watchers, explain the life giving qualities
of comets, and dangers from rogue asteroids. The show is more than just
comets and asteroids. Self-styled 'Meteorite Man', the flamboyant Robert
Haag, dedicates his life to his collection, which he buys and sells at
astronomical prices.

Air Time(s) Eastern Time:

TLC - 01 Mar 1998 - 02:00 PM

Copyright © 1997 Discovery