Intertesting Gao (Upper Volta) Specimen

Hello all,

While some of the dealers have gone off into self-destruct mode, I thought
some of us might like to continue with the subject at hand...meteorites.

I've attached a scanned image of a small slice of Gao I found at a dealer's
table a while back and became intrigued by the two metal inclusions in it.
(Sorry about the scan quality, but I didn't have time to play with it.)

The slice weighs about 43 grams and is 6 mm thick. The metal inclusions do not
show through to the other side and it was the only slice the dealer had
showing metal inclusions, so I don't know how thick they are. The elogate
inclusion is approximately 3 mm by 9 mm. Where it runs to the edge it is <2 mm
thick. the roundish inclusion is about 8 mm by 10 mm and has a 3 mm by 4 mm
troilite inclusion within it!

Gao is reported as a H5 brecciated chondrite with a low shock stage of S1-2.
The inclusions probably have something to do with the brecciation, but the
rounded inclusion is contained within a rounded clast approximately defined by
the white circle. The elongate clast appears to be part of the primary matrix.
The slice has heavy metal flaking, not atypical for a H chondrite.

If anyone has thoughts on the formation of these inclusions and how they came
to be in chondritic material, I would be interested.

Gene