INVITATION FOR NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY LIST MEMBERS

Greetings,

I have been requested by our local Mineralogical Society to give a talk and
slide show about some of my meteorite hunting expeditions, and I'd like to
extend the invitation to any list members in my area who might like to come
along and say hello.

If anyone is intersted in attending, please email me directly, or call me
at (201) 867-7400. Or just show up! It would be a pleasure to meet some
more of my fellow enthusiasts in person.

Regards,

Geoff Notkin

*      *      *      *

PRESS RELEASE FROM THE LOCAL PAPER:

The North Jersey Mineralogical Society will host a talk and slide show by
meteorite hunter and collector Geoffrey Notkin, on Thursday March 12 at the
Paterson Museum, in Paterson, NJ. Mr. Notkin is a writer and photographer
by profession, and has travelled to some of the worldıs most remote desert
regions in search of meteorites. He will be showing numerous specimens from
his collection, as well as metal detectors and other ³tools of the trade.²
The main subject of the talk and slide show will be his 1997 expedition to
the Atacama Desert in northern Chile‹one of the most isolated and arid
places on Earth.

The event is free, and non-members are very welcome. The Mineralogical
Society meets for a social hour at 7 p.m., with the lecture following at 8
p.m.

Paterson Museum,
2 Market Street,
Paterson  NJ

For directions, please call the museum at: (973) 881-3874
For specific information on the Mineralogical Society, please call the
Society President, Arlene Castleman, at: (973) 340-0953