Re: Trivia Questions Re Nullarbor Meteorites

-- [ From: Paul Dudley * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

An appeal to the list:
I would like to add a comment to Walter's reply to Steve.  Many of you have
been attaching files with no extensions lately.  Some are .txt, some are .
jpg, .gif, .htm(l), etc.  Mac and Win95 people please remember the rest of
us have to guess what type of file it is in order to use the correct
application to open your attachments.  This can be rather time consuming if
it takes a few tries to get the right one.  The result is we (or at least I)
don't bother most of the time.  So PLEASE-- give your attached files an
extension, or at least mention the file type in the body of your message.

Also, the attachments with absolutely no body are a real pain, as there is
no way to know what it is about.  I just delete these.  So, if you message
is worth sending, why not help ensure that it is read by providing at least
a notice of the file type, if not an extension.
Thanks for listening.
--Paul