Re: vernacular-vugs

Jim Hurley wrote:
I'd like to ask some questions on vernacular as well:

What are 'vugs' and 'zap pits'? These are some types of small
holes I guess, but what are they?

--
          Jim Hurley
       Arachnaut's Lair

HI Jim:
Vugs are small cavities, usually lined with crystals of a different composition than that of the host material.  These are different from vesicles which are crystal-lined cavities in igneous rocks.  The crystals can be the ame composition as the host material.  I have never heard of "zap-pits", I guess they are the same?
--
Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites