Re: Relative Ages of CAIs vs. Chondrules

Steven Excell schrieb:

> Does anyone have any recent references to literature on the relative
> ages of calcium-aluminum inclusions (CAIs) vs. chondrules within
> chondritic meteorites?
>
> I have some older reference materials (1960s and 1970s) by Wood, Faul,
> et al that are now dated.  Clearly, CAIs are older than chondrules.
> What I'm looking for is a good paper(s) that narrows down the
> difference in ages (age ranges?) for each, based upon the most current
> research on this issue.
>
> Thanks, in advance, for any info any of you may have.
>
> Steve
> Seattle, Washington USA
> excell@cris.com

Hello Steve,

Perhaps some of these references are useful or may help you find more
detailed information (perhaps from some of the authors cited).

Regards, Bernd

----------------------

E.K.Jessberger et al. (1980) 40Ar-39Ar ages of Allende (Icarus 42,
380-405)

D.A.Kring, J.A.Wood (1988) Why do Allende chondrules lie on a different
oxygen-isotope mixing line than Allende CAIs? - a Model (Meteoritics
23-3, 1988, A283)

NAGAHARA A. et al. (1989) Dynamic vaporization experiments in the system
forsterite anorthite and its implication for the origin of CAIs and
chondrules (Meteoritics 24-4, 1989, A307)

A.K.Lavrukhina, V.I. Ustinov, M.M.Fugzan et al. (1989) The oxygen
isotopic composition and the 40Ar -39Ar age of the Kainsaz CO
chondrules, (Meteoritics 24-4, 1989, A291-292)

G. Srinivasan et al. (1996) Aluminum-26 time scales and processes
connecting plagioclase-rich chondrules and CAIs (Meteoritics  31-Suppl.,
1996, A133)

CAFFEE M.W. et al. (1997) Exposure ages of carbonaceous chondrites II
(Meteoritics 32-4,
1997, A026).

JONES R.H. (1997) Ubiquitous anorthitic plagioclase in type I chondrules
in CO3 chondrites: Implications for chondrule formation and parent-body
metamorphism (Meteoritics 32-4, 1997, A067).