Cambridge Conference Digest - March 16, 1998

CC DIGEST, 16 MARCH 1998

March the 12th 1998 will go down in history as the day the entire
human race became aware of our precarious place in space. While many
scientists and lay people interested in natural and biological
sciences have known about past impact catastrophes and the threat
due to comets and asteroids at least since the late 70s or early 80s,
last week's events have catapulted this vital information into the
living rooms of billions of city slickers and villagers from around
the globe. Suddenly, we have become a global village of NEO experts
and NEO catastrophists.