EET96008 views

Hello all!

SKY & TELESCOPEīs "Weekly News Bulletin" has made reference to the new
lunar 53-gram-meteorite EET96008 from the Antarctic.

For a nice thin section view (67K JPEG) and a hand specimen photo (28K
JPEG), here is the URL:

                http://www.skypub.com/news/news.shtml

Enjoy!
Alex

BTW, concerning this same bulletin: reference is also made to the new
generation of communications satellites called IRIDIUM, which
occasionally can be seen from all places on earth flaring up to be
"moving stars" sometimes as bright (or seven brighter) as Venus for a
few seconds due to sunlight reflection from highly reflective flat
antennae attached to the satellites. I have seen this very spectacular
phenomenon myself several times, and I know this is off-topic -SORRY,
and donīt flame me for that! - but whoever may wish to see it
himself/herself, contact this excellent site, where you can customize
for free on-line predictions of the flares: just follow the links from

                http://www2.gsoc.dlr.de/

Alexander Seidel        N 53.5932 E 9.4683  6m asl
Stade/Germany           Fon/Fax   (+49) 4141 68772