5,000 Comet Hale-Bopp Images

5,000 COMET HALE-BOPP IMAGES
March 26, 1998

There is now over 5,000 images of Comet Hale-Bopp on my Comet Hale-Bopp
home page.  This is the world's largest collection of images of the comet
available on the Internet.   I would like to thank again all of the people
who have contributed their images to share with the rest of the world.

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/comet/
http://galileo.ivv.nasa.gov/comet/

The images cover a period of nearly 3 years for this exciting comet. The first
image in the archive was taken on July 24, 1995 - the day after
Comet Hale-Bopp's discovery - and the latest image was taken just a week ago.

Ron Baalke
baalke@kelvin.jpl.nasa.gov