Holbrook Revisited

Hello Mrs Norton, hello Martin, hello Michael, hello List,

Back from "puttering around" in my garden for more than six hours. All
my limbs and muscles are aching but a charming horticulturist and
well-known member of this list motivated me to go out and prune trees,
pick up dead branches and the like ... It was a wonderful sunny spring
day here.

Thank you all for your clarifying comments on Aztec and the Holbrook
strewn field. Dorothy Norton kindly informed me that you can find Aztec
on old maps, but that it no longer exists. She wrote that it was about 6
miles northeast of Holbrook and that this information has been added to
RFS II (page 79).

Martin commented on the precision problem that arises with regard to
later-drawn maps and with regard to pinpointing a strewn field of such a
limited size.

Michael's report is the next best thing to being there. Alexander Seidel
(he was actually there - see his posting) confirmed all his statements.

Larry, let me thank you for those compliments. I really appreciate them.
It feels good to know people like what you do. I often miss this at
school where things are often taken for granted and self-understood.

Last but not least, I'm chuckling a little at myself. Here I am sitting
with the old map of Foote's notes on my desk and as the German saying
goes 'with tomatoes on my eyes'. Aztec is to be found on it right there
where it's supposed to be. Well, I'll blame my 7.5 diopters for it. I
suppose Jim Hurley knows that such things sometimes happen [=>NTL :-)].

Kindest Regards, Bernd