Small Tektites

I recently was on holiday in Asia, and spent a few days in Bangkok.
There is a fossil/mineral shop their that also has a large selection
of Tektites, and took advantage of the good exchage rate to buy a
resionably sized Moung Nong 624gm for a very good price.

The shop owner has some items on display 'not for sale', some very
large tektites, and what he claims to be the smallest tektite ever
found. It was 0.0005gm if I remember correcly. It looked a bit like
an animal's tooth in shape, and very small, not more than 2mm big.

I did not ask the shop-keeper at the time, but thinking on it later
how could he tell it was a complete miniture tektite, rather than
just a chip off a large one?

--
Eric Hutton