Re: North-field

bergrob schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I have a meteorite called North-field (stone). That is all I know
> about it.
> Who can help me with more information?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Robert Bergkotte

Robert, as Michael already stated, there is no North-field/Northfield
stone we know of. Can you give any details? What does it look like,
exterior, interior, melt crust, heavily weathered/slightly weathered,
label (handwritten; old; new), rust, metal flakes, chondrules, overall
texture, etc.

My database has the following entries:
01) N o r t h East Reid (H5)
02) N o r t h Haig (Ureilite)
03) N o r t h Reid (LL5)
04) N o r t h West Forrest (E6)
05) N o r t h West Forrest (H4)
06) N o r t h branch (H5)
07) Blith  f i e l d (EL6)
08) Brown  f i e l d (H3)
09) Brown  f i e l d (H5)
10) Cotes  f i e l d (L6)
11) May  f i e l d (H5)
12) Old  f i e l d (H5)
13) Rich f i e l d (LL3)
14) Ryan F i e l d (H5)
15) Spring  f i e l d (L6)
16) Summer  f i e l d (L5)
17) Wethers  f i e l d (L6)

Bovedy (L3) is also called Spruce  f i e l d
Weston (H4) is synonymous with Fair  f i e l d County

Nininger used to publish articles on meteorites in a paper which has the
word "Northfield" => example: A.D. Nininger, Pop. Astron., Northfield,
Minnesota, 1939, 47, p.211.

Regards, Bernd