Re: Vaca Muerta (Dead Cow) verification requested

Hi Ron, Martin , Michael and list

Clearly , Ron, I stand corrected (why does that not surprise me?)  It
seems this is going to have to be put in category of 'horseshoes'  where
close counts.... in deference to that poor donkey (according to Steve)
who was worked to death in the Salt Peter mines of the Atacama desert.
(See reference below)   Anyone tenacious enough to come up with a rough
estimate  for the different contenders?

Again, this is at the risk of abusing dead Equidae and bovines.
Julia

Reference :  emartin@cmet.net, received this morning
"Dear Julia:

        The name of Vaca Muerta comes from the fact that an old cattle
trail
crossed the strewnfield, and many dry skeleton of cows are scattered
along
the trail.

        The cattle came from the valleys of Salta and Jujuy, north
Argentina,
distant -approximately- 700 miles across the Andes. These cattle were to

serve as food for the miners of Saltpeter fields (Oficinas Salitreras)
of
the Atacama Desert.

        When I was searching for meteorites in the area I found around
one
meteorite for one dead cow.

        Best regards.

Edmundo Martinez D."