HORSE WITH NO NAME (Re: Vaca)

Greetings,

After yesterday's amusing discussion about the various animal carcasses that
litter the Atacama Desert, I thought some list members might like to know that
-- by the most amazing coincidence -- my photograph of the now-famous horse
skeleton at Vaca Muerta can be seen on page 25 of the brand new May issue of
Joel Schiff's "Meteorite!" magazine (which I just received this morning --
here in England). It accompanies an article I wrote about the trip that Steve
and I made, last year, to the Atacama, and illustrates the VERY jawbone which
Steve brought home as a souvenir.

Steve, it's not illegal to remove animal bones from Chile is it? Ooops.

There were no obvious signs of a meteorite impact to the skull, but we have
not yet conducted a full autopsy on the beast  :)

As usual, "M!" is filled with fascinating material, and I highly recommend the
magazine to any new list members who may not be familiar with it. "Meteorite!"
has an online website which is well worth a visit: http://www.meteor.co.nz

Regards to all,

Geoff Notkin

P.S. Any NY area members going to the Phillips auction? I'll be back in time
for it. If anyone wants company, please email me directly: ammonite@aol.com