Re: Meteorites from Earth and Venus

Hello Bernd and List Members,

>Mercury ejecta is nearly all reaccreted by Mercury or erodes in space
>... ( a few percent impact Venus).

>Venus ejecta is mostly reaccreted by Venus, but a significant fraction
>(about 30%) falls on the Earth ...

>Earth ejecta is also mainly reaccreted by the Earth but about 30% strike
>Venus ...

How are these percentages derived?

> A substantial fraction of ejecta from all the
>  terrestrial planets (except Mercury) is thrown out of the solar system
>  by Jupiter ...

Which brings to mind another interesting possibility.

Wth the recent discoveries of Jupiter-class planets surrounding other stars
and hypothesized terrestrial companions, what would an extra-solar meteorite
"look like?"  How would we recognize it as such?  Has a meteorite been found
that is so different (possibly unique) that it might be of extra-solar origin?

-Walter