Re: Tektites are the Third Type of Meteorite!

>> In my never ending pursuit to feret out misinformation I found this.  Here
>> is a guy selling tektites as "silica meteorites."  He also classfies
tektites
>> as "astronomy" vs. "terrestrial."  When I tried to explain to him the error
he
>> told me he could provide "a reference" which would prove their lunar
origin.
>> He also told me there are three types of meteorites: Iron, stone, and
>> "silica."

Just for fun, I e-mailed this gentleman & inquired about the Thai "silica
meteorite"
he was offering, saying it didn't appear to be either Nakhon Pathom or
Chiang Khan.   His reply is below (sounds to me as though he is back-pedaling,
perhaps realizing that he runs the risk of being accused of seriously
misrepresenting his "product"......)   e voila:
*
Subj:	Re: meteorite