Re: Extra-solar material - comets

In a message dated 5/6/98 8:35:46 AM Central Daylight Time, WBranchsb@aol.com
writes:

<< > Don't the Murchison, Allende and Axtell (and I assume others) meteorites
 >  contain "extra-solar" star dust?
 >
 >  Steve

 Steve (and list),

 True, but I meant a meteorite whose composition was from entirely outside our
 solar system.  To borrow a term from Duncan Steel, a truely "rogue asteroid."
 How could we identify it as such (e.g., new "strange" composition of
minerals,
 different isotopes, "new" elements or compounds - or would it just be a
 "ordinary" chondrite from another solar system - the possibilities are
 astounding and extremely challenging!).

 -Walter

Hi Walter and List,

Also, there is talk that the CI could be comet material, that would be 100%
extra-solar, wouldn't it?  But maybe not too old.

Steve