Re: (Another)New Theory on Dinosaur Extinction

>         A rare element, iridium is found in abundance on meteorites.
>             Alvarez believes a chunk of the extra-terrestrial matter hit
>  Earth
>             with such force it raised a suffocating dust cloud which
>  spread
>             iridium around the globe and shut out the sun for years.

Matt (and list),

Is iridium "found in abundance" in meteorites.  I seem to remember seeing a
table somewhere which indicated that iridium is measured in ppm (parts per
million) and not percentages.  Does it differ with respect the the type of
meteorite?

-Walter